Thursday, May 27, 2010

Update May 27 - 2010 Pro's and Con's " Fit Over 40 - Weight Loss Program" By Health Experts

Fit Over 40 Weight loss program is designed by Jon Benson with the help of Tom Venuto (the famous trainer). The intention of this program is for men and women over 40 who want to lose weight, look youthful, feel energetic, and improve their health. As always, we provide you with the information and Pro and Con opinions of health experts. It is up to you to decide if the program is suitable for you. Please consult with your doctor before applying, if you decide to follow this program.

Recommended Reading

Fit Over 40
Amazing Inspirational Anti-aging,
Health And Weight Loss E-book
For The Over 40 Crowd


Over 40 and Time to Get Fit
By Rich Niccolls Platinum Quality Author

I used to think that people were lying when they said that things start to go downhill when you turn 40. Were they ever right. I turn 45 this month and I have been in denial that my body just doesn't want to stay in shape and that my health is not as good as it used to be. I used to be rather fit as a soccer player, captain of my college soccer team for three years, but today you would never know. I want to share with you three things about my experience and what it is actually going to take to get back in shape.

Diet alone will not work. Do not believe all of those infomercials. Those infomercials are mainly made up of people under 40 that bounce back so quickly. They may not need as much exercise. Simply a change in diet and their normal routine can help them lose weight. I have tried at least a dozen times per year to lose weight since I turned 40. I would drop some weight, but the day I cheated on my diet I immediately gained 5 pounds back. That is no exaggeration. I am convinced that going low fat or low carbohydrate is not enough.

Exercise is your best friend. I believe that exercise can overcome any of those hiccups you may have in your diet. But, I do not believe the opposite of that is true. What you eat is important, but I believe a man over forty needs to make exercise a higher priority than what you eat. I am not saying that it can be a life of doughnuts and pizza as long as you jog three miles a day. What I am saying is that something happens when you turn 40 that require a man to need exercise. Without exercise, I do not believe a diet can be sustained.

I found that exercise is actually a greater motivator to eat better, but that dieting alone is not much of a motivator to begin exercising. Therefore, one of the mental challenges I was able to overcome was that in order to improve my eating habits I needed to make exercise my top priority. Preparing to run a 5K or 10K race makes you think twice about eating one more piece of pizza or choosing a piece of fruit over a snack cake. When I tried dieting alone, I was never able to overcome the mental challenge of getting up to exercise.

I would encourage you that if you are over 40 and struggling with your weight, you need to prioritize exercise. Find a community bulletin board and see if there is a 3K to 10K race. Find one that is about 2 - 5 weeks away and begin preparing for it. It's not so much about competing in the race as much as it is about doing and finishing the race. Soon it will be about competition, but one step at a time. It's very satisfying when the race is done and you get your goodie bag with the race t-shirt and you can hang your race number by your desk. Yes, eat right and make smart, healthy food choices, and make exercise your focus to get rid of the flabby forties.

Rich has been writing articles for nearly 8 years. Come visit his latest website over at Dremel Tool Parts which offers reviews of the best Dremel Rotary Tool for your home workshop.


Recommended Reading
Fit Over 40
Amazing Inspirational Anti-aging,
Health And Weight Loss E-book
For The Over 40 Crowd

Back to Home
Back to The Top

No comments:

Post a Comment